In order to apply to join the Diploma in Commercial Skydiving, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Weigh a maximum of 100 kgs (due to equipment restrictions)
- Meet the requirements of the NZPIA's Fit and Proper Person Criteria
- Have no serious medical conditions, be in good health and be of a reasonably fitness level
- Have access to the funds required for equipment (see equipment requirements)
- Must have proof of an understanding of the english language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent)
- Meet the New Zealand requirements to obtain a student visa
- Have appropriate medical and travel insurance
Students accepted onto the course, will need to apply for a student visa to to study in New Zealand. Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service and can be viewed on their website at www.immigration.govt.nz in the “Guide for Studying in New Zealand”.
WORKING IN NEW ZEALAND ONCE THE QUALIFICATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED
International students wishing to stay and work in New Zealand upon successful completion of the course will be required to obtain a sponsored work visa (if not other options, like a working holiday visa are available to them). Work visa’s are not guaranteed and can be difficult to obtain. We recommend that international students complete their work placements in a country in which they are able to obtain a work visa.